Monday 23 May 2022

WINNER

"If you never experienced failure, how would you appreciate success."


I read this quote on some fancy calender in my early years of childhood. Despite being a kid, and of course not comprehending it's dimensions in it's entirety, that quote somehow enthused me. So much so, that I wrote it on the top of the blackboard in my classroom back then. 


Today, after having experienced failure consistently for the past 4 years now, I wonder what it would be like to taste success. I wonder if all this endeavour be worthwhile at the end. 


I contemplate, that the end won't matter, whether or not I attain a tangible success. For I have grown incessantly and bloomed. The end results seem to have become redundant. The path seems to have given meaning to my journey. I have found myself in the search of a so called success. 


I am still working to attain my goal. I don't know if I'll succeed or not. I don't know if those who bet upon me, have indefinite trust upon me, bestow indefinite love upon me would be able to gleam upon my achievement with pride or not. 


What I do know, of course, is that I have done justice to myself. By never giving up. I resolute not to loose. I might fall, but I won't stop. A road might get blocked due to some hurdle, but there must be myriads of other paths somewhere which if I explore passionately, I would definitely find a way to realize my ambition. The ambition to bring out the best in myself and in the process others too! To actualize the potential of self and others around me. 


When I look at myself today, I am not able to find any traces of failure, despite tangibly many. As my efforts have never been half hearted, nor will they ever be! I guess,that itself is my success. Irrespective of others, I do take a pride in myself for constantly refuting defeat. Seems, Kunwar Narayan ji is right when he inks,"कोई फ़र्क़ नहीं सब कुछ जीत लेने में और अंत तक हिम्मत न हारने में।" ( There's absolutely no difference between winning it all and never giving up) . 


As John Green remarks, "Life is a roller coaster that only goes up my friend", I know I'll glide, I'll slide, but cumulatively, I'll only rise. That is the defining feature of a winner. I AM A WINNER. 

No comments:

Post a Comment